Saturday 31 March 2007

Attentat, by Amelie Nothomb

Attentat A very short novel by a young French author. I read it in no time, fascinated by the horror and ugliness. I admired the style, and both liked and disliked the book. It is quite voluntarily disgusting anyway. I am glad I read it, but this is the second time I read a book from Amelie Nothomb, and she definitely seems to like moody/disugsting/fatalistic moods. Not my favorite type of mood.
Still, a good book. I am wondering if the reaction of Ethel at the end is realistic, but I suppose it is. Still, what an end !

2 comments:

Florencia said...

Bonjour Amelie

j ai lu ton libre la Metafisique des tubes, et je suis tellment touche que j ai eu l idee de faire un espectacle de danse -teatre basee sur ton euvre avec des images de video aussi. Je suis en train de demader une bours pur realicer cet idee, je voudre savoir si tu est d 'acord d 'abord. Je suis mexicaine, j habite au Mexique, je etidié la danse et le teatre. J ' ai danse avec diferentes companies en France, Alemagne et Mexique. J ai aimerias bien aussi comencer une corespondance avec toi por avoir ton avie sur centain choses. Merci boucup d avance, j espere que tu reponds cet e-mail.
Mes amities et mon admiration
Florencia Sandoval.

Amélie said...

Bonjour Florencia,

Merci pour ton message. Je m'appelle Amélie et j'ai lu certains livres d'Amélie Nothomb mais je ne suis pas Amélie Nothomb. Je ne peux donc pas répondre à tes questions.

Bonne chance dans tes projets, ils ont l'air passionnants !

Amélie