Tuesday 1 May 2007

The house of spirits, by Isabel Allende

The house of the spirits, by Isabel Allende I'm on my way to read all of Isabel Allende's books. And I really liked that one. It had a huge diversity of characters, ideas and moods. As always, magic is present, as if it was the most natural thing. It was nice to meet the Del Valle again (although it might be the first time she introduced them .. I haven't read her books in chronological order at all).

Rosa the beautiful, Clara the mystic, Blanca in the middle and Alba with fresh new ideas yet love for her grand-father. Somehow, you leave the book as if you really knew the characters: there's a lot of them, but each is given enough time and depth that they all have a life of their own. Of course I'd recommend this book :)

2 comments:

Ebonycharm said...

I recently was introduced to Isabel Allende's work by my boyfriend.After reading the first two pages,i couldnt put the book down.it took me about 10 hours to finish the book:"Sum of our days"-lovely book indeed.i was so drawn into the whole book,the experiences and what the characters were going through.i even met Meryl Strep!!ive ordered two of her other books,one of which is "the house of spirits".

Amélie said...

I haven't read "Sum of our days" yet, but I'll keep an eye out for it :)
It's great that you were totally drawn in Isabel Allende's universe !