Tuesday 8 May 2007

Earthsea (the trilogy) by Ursula K. Le Guin

Earthsea, by Ursula le Guin One book that doesn't come from the library ..

I recently went to the cinema to see Tales from Earthsea from the studio Ghibli. I liked the universe a lot, the drawings and details of course, but thought too much was going on for too little explanations. And then I was lent this book, which is the inspiration for the film.

The book as I read it is a trilogy containing A Wizard of Earthsea, The Tombs of Atuan and The Farthest Shore. All three stories are related through the life of Sparrowhawk (Ged) the wizard. Earthsea seems a beautiful (but dangerous !) universe. It seems that there are other stories of Earthsea, and more books by Ursula Le Guin. I'll be hunting for them in the library, for sure !

I wish Ghibli could illustrate the complete stories of Earthsea with their wonderful animations ...

No comments: