Tuesday 6 February 2007

Un peu plus loin sur la droite, by Fred Vargas

Un peu plus loin sur la droite I discovered the author during my last holidays in France: my friend AL was reading one of her books (Fred Vargas is a woman -- I only just discovered that while reading the Wikipedia article) and told me she had a great writing style and that the plots were really good.

After reading it (borrowed from the library, no surprise here), I confirm. The characters have a good humor and an interesting history, independently from the plot, which was really good nonetheless. I loved the dialogs with and about the toad. A lot of the dialogs just sound so right and witty, I laughed out loud several times. Also a page turner.


[Wikipedia article on Fred Vargas (in French)], [Wikipedia article on Fred Vargas (in English)]

2 comments:

lokett said...

he c'est une bonne idée ce blog !
J'ai lu "L'homme aux cercles bleus" d'elle, c'était tellement bien que j'ai mis une partie d'une nuit pour le lire :D j'adore le personnage d'Adamsberg...

Amélie said...

He coucou :)

Oui, j'ai une trop mauvaise mémoire de ce que je lis, j'espère que j'arriverai mieux à me souvenir des titres, auteurs et contenus grâce à ce blog avec les images de couverture ;)

Je connais pas encore l'homme aux cercles bleus, mais je regarderai si je le trouve la prochaine fois que j'irai à la bibli :)